"Perfectly gilded fashion, and music as seen through the eyes of a doe eyed girl..."

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

One Day, We're gonna live in Paris...I PROMISE, I'M ON IT.

Just when I think I am having a bad day...something totally random and unexpected starts blaring through the speakers of my computer. It sends me right back to the moment I first heard it--Covered in plaid, feeling as if the floor was moving beneath my feet, completely entranced my every energetic moment in the song-even though it was pouring rain outside, I had this strong instinct to "Jump in the Pool".

When I bought the Friendly Fires album in the weeks to follow, I don't think I took it out of my car for months. I would turn it on before I went to work, as I was getting ready for my nights out, when I was aimlessly driving around in my car trying to find "the meaning of life".



I think I have always loved music as much as I do, for the soundtrack it creates for your life. Songs bring me back to specific moments, and the feelings that I felt in them. They are my own nostalgia, and all it takes is the first few seconds to remember a world that I have forgotten.

I am finding a harmony in the intense electronic beats again, meaning behind the words..."you and me in the photobooth..." and I still just want to "Jump in the Pool.."

Jump In the Pool by namiks

1 comment:

  1. You have such a creative mind. I love your blog. Keep it up girl. I will keep checking in. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete