"Perfectly gilded fashion, and music as seen through the eyes of a doe eyed girl..."

Friday, May 6, 2011

Do Whatever You Want, ALL THE TIME

Ponytails most recent endeavor, says everything in the title of the record..."Do Whatever You Want All the Time." With full bodied passion behind every unrecognizable muffled lyric, to the methodic rhythm that plays behind them, this album is nothing short of fantastic. I first listened to a track off the album on Pitchfork, and have to say I wasn't all too impressed. I had heard there music in years before, and for me the track just wasn't clicking. On a whim, I decided to listen to the album from the top, and as "Easy-Peasy" muffled through the speakers, I realized I had been sorely mistaken. It's the perfect entry point into the album. She slowly whispers in your ear, and makes her way straight to the epicenter of your brain, allowing you to take a step into her world. The record continues on like this, starting off slow and methodic, and than rushing you to the finish line. It is necessary to listen to the album from start to finish, to really begin to see the beauty behind. In the spirit of the album, do whatever you want all the time, but make sure to start a beautiful summer day with this album.

 Ponytail 'Easy Peasy' by GOLDSTARPR
Purchase Album here:

No comments:

Post a Comment