"Perfectly gilded fashion, and music as seen through the eyes of a doe eyed girl..."

Saturday, May 21, 2011

STUNNIN LIKE MY...

If you know me on a personal level at all, you know that I possess a small obsession with a certain rapper that goes by the name of, Lil Wayne. When I hear his voice blaring through speakers, I can't even begin to describe the phenomenon that takes place...(unless you have witnessed it yourself). Basically, I can feel Weezy coursing through my veins. It's like he's physically present, and most times I can hardly contain myself.

Now that I have let you in on my little secret, you can imagine how I felt as I was midway through doing a winged liner on a customer, and I heard "Stunnin like my daddy" repeat three times over through the speakers at work. It's like the ground below me jolted, the room spun for a moment, and than everything paused. I snapped out of my trance, as I heard the sweet voice of Ellie Goulding..."Hit, Hit, Hit, Hit me with lightening...".  I had to know more. Who was this, what was this? Was I dreaming, for months it seemed we had been plagued with unidentifiable "indie" music, and now this?! I tried to act cool, quickly finished the winged liner and ran over to the cupboard that hosted our playnetwork system.

"Basic Physics-Starry Eyed" scrolled across the screen...

Nightlife in the Northwoods, is the must hear mixtape from Basic Physics. Basic Physics is the creation of Madison, WI DJ/ Producer Alex Syse, and Minneapolis, Minnesota's DJ, Eric Mitchell. Founded in 2010, they have brought a fresh new face to the DJ/Mashup game.


Alex provided some insight into the mixtape. "Nightlife in the Northwoods is a compilation of 15 Basic Physics mashups. When we went to the drawing board to create this mixtape, the first thing we laid down was that this was going to be about quality. We are not a mashup group that releases tracks just for the name behind it. We wanted to produce a mixtape that kept the listener into it 100% of the way, that flows from start to finish. Eric and myself have so many influences, including the production quality of Xaphoon Jones, the addicting sound of Wolfgang Gartner or Afrojack, the brilliance of Daft Punk, and the creativity of artists like Pretty Lights, Ellie Goulding, and Lupe Fiasco. Having the ability to make a mashup is one thing, but making it memorable and something worth listening to is our main goal. What started as a passion for music has become something that we are pursuing. We are going to continue to produce mashups, but we also plan on diving into other projects including an original EP and producing for various artists. This mixtape is something that we hope will elevate our ability to achieve the things we want to do and the music we want to produce."


Starry Eyed E.T. (Katy Perry // Ellie Goulding // Lil Wayne) by Basic Physics


Visit BASIC PHYSICS FACEBOOK TO DOWNLOAD "NIGHTLIFE IN THE NORTHWOODS"

No comments:

Post a Comment