"Perfectly gilded fashion, and music as seen through the eyes of a doe eyed girl..."

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Joy Formidable

The other night, bored out of my mind...I YET AGAIN found myself randomly downloading music off i-tunes. Frantically trying to find something that would, dare I say, catch my attention. From one click to another, I randomly stumbled upon-The Joy Formidable. As the 30 second sample of single "Whirring" methodically dove through the speakers, I decided I had to hear more. The song had a child like happiness that tagged along, with the precisely scripted lyrics that followed the melody.
I naturally, after hearing the entirety of "Whirring", decided I could not go on with out here the whole album. Yes, this album did come out in January, and maybe I am a little late, but it never can be too late to recognize something great. The Joy Formidable's debut album Big Roar, is yelling for your attention. Don't ignore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment