"Perfectly gilded fashion, and music as seen through the eyes of a doe eyed girl..."

Friday, June 10, 2011

Yes, wear Black, and No, You don't have to feel GOTH.



Working for MAC cosmetics since I was 19 I have accumulated quite the collection of black clothing. In fact, some of my favorite pieces happen to be black. It seems from about mid-September to the start of Spring that I have no qualms about wearing my favorite omniscient color. As soon as the leaves start to reappear on the trees, and flowers begin to bloom in gardens on my street I begin to feel a little out of place in my attire.


This summer, I have decided to not let my gothic threads go to waste. Instead I feel empowered to tie in black, with all my favorite S/S trends.
Here are my BLACK MUST HAVES:

1.) BCBG BLACK MAXI- Perfect for work. Very in TREND for the summer. I like mine with a stripped cropped shirt, or any shirt that has a little color and is a little bit baggier.

2.) CK JUMPSUIT- I love this! There is so much you could do with this piece. Give it some color with some bright colored necklaces, and my favorite Jeffery Campbell leopard flat, from Nordstrom.

3.) ESSENTIAL BLACK LEATHER JACKET- No matter the season, a black leather jacket is always going to be a sexy outwear option.

4.) DEEP V- V neck's are one of my favorite shirts to wear in the summer. I LOVE this black one. It's perfect with a pair of leggings, or pair with a pair of cut off denim also from urban outfitters.

5.) Cropped Denim- Cropped denim is always a must, give it a little bit of color with this cute button up from Bloomingdales.


Black is always sleek, it makes you feel thinner...so why not incorporate in your summer wardrobe?

1 comment: